This wasn't a meal we would normally eat, but it looks like this dish will be making its way back onto our table in the future.
Whole Wheat Penne Pasta with Goat Cheese and Arugula
- 5 1/2 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 cups arugula (stems included) coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne pasta (I used a 14.5oz box)
Boil water and cook the pasta for 10-12 minutes or until al dente.
In a large bowl add the olive oil, salt, pepper and tomatoes. Crumble the goat cheese on top and stir to combine.
When pasta is done toss in the bowl and serve immediately.
Serve and enjoy!
Source: The Fresh Market