Sunday, October 3, 2010

In a hurry? Pizza can be very accommodating!

We have been scrambling around getting ready for a soccer game and we didn't want to have a sandwich for lunch so I decided to throw a very fast pizza together. Isabella usually has white pizza with only garlic and cheese, but I like to add some variety to mine. I decided to do a half and half rectangle pizza instead of the usual pizza pie to accommodate both of our favorites. 


 White Pizza on one side / Asparagus Stir-Fry and crab meat on the other
  • store bought pizza dough (unless you have time to make it yourself)
  • approximately 2 cups of cheese (give or take depending on what you like)
  • 1 cup of asparagus stir-fry veggies
  • 3 teaspoons of minced garlic (for pizza I like to use the pre-minced garlic stored in olive oil)
  • kosher salt & pepper
  • 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
  • lump crab meat (I had leftover from making soup on Friday) 




The key to my pizza is the baking stone. I have a round stone, but since I wanted to make a rectangular pizza I used a bar pan from Pampered Chef which is made from the same material as a pizza stone. This gives your pizza a nice crust on the bottom...I don't make a pizza without it.

Place your dough on the stone and drizzle a small amount of olive oil on the dough and rub it on the top and bottom of the dough. Spread it out to cover the pizza pan.



Spread out your garlic, salt, pepper and parsley. I spread the veggies and crab meat on one side of the pizza and then covered the whole pizza with the cheese. 







Bake in the oven @ 475 for about 15 minutes depending on your oven, the kind of pan you are using and how brown and bubbly you like your cheese! :)

2 comments:

Chris L said...

Sounds yummy and healthy!! I have a ?...Do the veggies need to be thrawed first?

Farrah said...

Chris, I put the veggies in the microwave for about 40 seconds before I put them on there just to take the chill off. I totally forgot to put that part in there! LOL sorry!

Post a Comment