- 1 pound 98% lean ground turkey
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5oz) can light kidney beans (use the liquid)
- 1 (15.oz) can cannellini beans (use the liquid)
- 1 tsp kosher salt (plus more to taste later)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (plus more to taste later)
- 1 packet McCormick Chili Seasoning (your choice of mild, medium or hot)
Dice up the onion and peppers, but keep the pieces on the bigger side if you like a heartier, chunky chili.
Put the olive oil in your pot. Cook the onions, bell peppers, salt & pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
Add the ground turkey to the pot and cook until all the meat has cooked through and no pink color remains, approximately 5 minutes. Sprinkle the seasoning packet on the ground turkey/veggie mixture and stir to combine. Add both cans of tomatoes and both cans of beans. Stir to incorporate.
Cover and continue cooking the chili for at least 30 minutes (or longer if you can).
When it's time to eat add a spoonful of sour cream and chopped scallions to the top! Eat up!
And just because I thought this was funny....Isabella had a great time eating her dinner tonight. I looked over and she had eaten all the insides of her bread and carved out a cast for her hand. LOL What a weirdo!