Saturday, January 8, 2011

Turkey Noodle Soup

There is something so very different about making your own soup and eating soup from a can. You just can't compare them. This soup took a few shortcuts to save time and was still incredibly delicious and surprisingly fast!


Turkey Noodle Soup

  • 4 cups chicken stock
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1 cup carrots ( I used crinkle cut frozen carrots)
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 1 medium zucchini, chopped
  • 1 cup cooked turkey breast, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
  • 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
  • 1/2 lb kluski noodles (4 servings)
Bring the stock to a boil in a large pot and then add all the veggies. Stir in the minced garlic, and all of the spices. Allow them to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add the turkey meat and the noodles and stir to combine. I used this precooked honey roasted turkey breast that I picked up at the store. It was really good!


These noodles were *really* good. I don't think I've ever used this kind before.

Cook soup with the noodles for about 15 minutes, or until the noodles are fully cooked.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

That looks fabulous! Very soul-warming. :) I actually have a turkey breast I bought from the grocery a while back, and I just haven't figured out what to do with it. This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

Ang said...

I have never heard of Kluski noodles. This looks delicious and your right....making your own soup is just better and there is nothing like it:)Thanks for the noodle idea:)

Post a Comment