Healthy Quarter Pounder
- 1 pound ground turkey (I used 93% lean)
- 1/4 cup italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil + 2 more teaspoons to book burgers
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the onions and red bell pepper for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and spinach and cook an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Add ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper, italian seasoning and onion mixture to a bowl and mix with your hands. Mix just until everything is combined to avoid a tough burger. Score the top into four sections. Shape into four patties.
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Add the burgers to the pan and cook about 4-5 minutes on each side or until it is thoroughly cooked.
I served my burger on a whole wheat roll with lettuce and fat free cheese. This huge delicious burger was only 313 calories including the roll!