Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tropical Smoothie

I frequently just toss things in the blender to make smoothies, but I don't usually post them on the blog. My one year old is currently obsessed with just about any fruit concoction that I put in the blender, so I've been making more of them lately. I *really* liked this one and decided that I wanted to share it.

The first thing I want to mention is to never, ever throw away bananas that are getting brown. If you think that they are too mushy and are considering tossing them, don't! Unpeel them and put them in a ziplock bag and stick them in the freezer! They are absolutely perfect to use in a smoothie.



Tropical Smoothie
(makes 2 large smoothies)

  • 1 frozen banana (or fresh)
  • 3 cups watermelon, cubed
  • 1/2 cup strawberries, quartered
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 8 ice cubes
  • 3 scoops Edy's Limited Edition Coconut & Pineapple ice cream
Place ice on the bottom and then cover with the fruit. Top with the ice cream and pulse until combined.


(this stuff is amazing!)

I drank mine out on the deck while I watched Isabella play golf. She wanted to show off her newly acquired skills.

Enjoy!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment