Fruit Fusion Bread
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup flour + 1 tablespoon flour to dust the fruit
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cream the sugar and butter in a stand mixer until smooth.
Add the mashed banana, applesauce and vanilla, stir to combine.
With the motor running, add the eggs one at a time.
Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the banana mixture.
Cut up the fruit and stir in the lemon zest. Toss with 1 tablespoon of flour to prevent the fruit from sinking to the bottom during baking.
Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the top is golden brown.