Monday, May 14, 2012

Shrimp and rice on the grill

Shrimp and rice on the grill

I love it when the weather is nice enough to cook on the grill! I never realized just how much cooking can actually be done outside instead of in the house. One of my family's absolute favorite things to eat is shrimp. My children are complete shrimp addicts. I swear Isabella could eat a pound all on her own. 

I just got the June issue of Food Network magazine in the mail the other day. I am *always* inspired by the recipes and ideas I see in there. One of my favorite things was a small insert that they had with ideas for foil packets on the grill. There were so many cool variations that are so easy and looked delicious. There were three or four recipes in there with shrimp but none of them fit what I wanted to do, so I just made up my own little recipe. Honestly, you could follow this same concept and use whatever meat, veggies and starch you want! I can't wait to create a bunch of different variations with this cooking method. 


  • 1lb raw peeled and deveined shrimp
  • 3 cloves garlic minced
  • 2 8oz boxes Zatarains New Orleans Style Yellow Rice
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
  • 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
This has to be about the simplest thing I have ever made. Pre-heat the grill to medium-high heat. Toss all of the ingredients above in an aluminum disposable pan, stir and cover tightly with aluminum foil.  Place the pan directly on the grill and cook for 30 minutes.



Leave it alone. Don't try to look at it or check on it at all. Go do something fun for half an hour :)

When the 30 minutes is done you'll have a delicious little shrimp and rice dish ready to serve! The only problem I had with this meal was that there wasn't nearly enough for all of us after my shrimp lovin' kids were done with their massive assault on it. Next time I'll be doubling this!



Enjoy!





0 comments:

Post a Comment