Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Leftover Pie

I looked in the fridge today and saw all the containers of leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner. Then I saw a box that I had some Pillsbury pie crust in there and the idea hit me. Why not make a leftover pie? It's kind of like a pot pie or a calzone, I suppose. It was super fast since everything was already made and it was delicious!


There really isn't a "recipe" for this. Roll out the pie crust and cut it into quarters. I will tell you what I used, but you can use whatever you like!



I spread some on whipped potatoes and sweet potatoes followed by stuffing and turkey. Sprinkle it with a little salt & pepper and top it with the other crust.


Press the edges of the crust over the filling and then roll the edges up to seal it closed.


Bake it in the oven @ 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. You can even use gravy as dipping sauce if you want :)


3 comments:

Tes said...

Oh God! You guys are genius! I definitely have to make this pie. It looks so delicious and flavourful :)

eatgreek.net said...

mmm... yummy!!!

briarrose said...

Wonderful idea! These look delicious.

Post a Comment