Monday, June 13, 2011

Broccoli and Cheese Bread

This was a quick meal that I threw together and really hadn't planned on blogging it because it was just too simple. I changed my mind when Bryan kept raving about how much he liked it, and I figured it was blog worthy after all :)

I will tell you how I did mine, but this would be great with lots of different variations.

-chicken
-sausage, peppers & onions
-pepperoni

You can basically put anything you like in there! Throw in some marinara sauce in there too!


Broccoli and Cheese Bread

  • 1 chicken sausage, pan fried and cut into pieces
  • 1 bunch broccoli, about 2 cups, cooked
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used Cabot Hot Habanero) *see note*
  • 1/4 cup mozzarella (to top it all off!)
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • kosher salt
  • black pepper
  • (2) 12 inch sub rolls
Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Cook the broccoli and set aside in a bowl. Cook the sausage in a non stick skillet over medium heat with a tiny bit of cooking spray until golden brown. Dice the sausage and mix with the broccoli and cheese.


Cut a small portion of the top of the sub roll out and hollow out a little of the inside of the bread to make room for the filling.


On the inside of the bread, brush on the olive oil (1/2 tablespoon on each) and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Fill with the broccoli mixture and top with the mozzarella. Replace the top of the sub roll.


Wrap in aluminum foil and bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted!


**warning** the habanero cheese I used is very hot! We love spicy food here, so this was fantastic, but if you are not a fan of spicy, replace this with a regular cheddar cheese. :)

Enjoy!!!

1 comments:

Regan @ Cabot Creamery said...

I had a friend just yesterday ask about what to do with chicken sausage. I wish I'd had this recipe to share. She loves hot foods, as do I. Good warning on the habanero. I don't find it to be so hot that I can't enjoy, but it's definitely not for the faint of heart.

From the farm family owners at Cabot, thanks so much for sharing!

Post a Comment